The seek for former Molde and Sogndal participant, Babacar Sarr, has been prolonged. State legal professional Ingvild Thorn Nordheim tells Dagbladet.
The new warrant for Sarr now lasts till June 2025. Nordheim explains that the earlier warrant expired, however that there have been no mitigating modifications since Sarr was needed internationally final time.
– The earlier discover expired, however he’s additionally categorized underneath “purple discover” within the new one. In different phrases, he have to be arrested if he’s noticed or encountered. Kripos and the worldwide channels we’ve got are nonetheless linked as earlier than, says Nordheim to Dagbladet.
Break the silence – be quiet
It triggered an important stir when Babacar Sarr broke his silence in January and allowed himself to be interviewed by Romsdal’s Budstikke. The footballer is needed in 194 nations.
The cause for the search is that he didn’t seem on the attraction case for a sleeping rape he’s accused of getting dedicated in Molde in 2017. Sarr was acquitted within the district courtroom of the rape, however was sentenced to pay NOK 150,000 in compensation to the girl. The case was appealed by the prosecution
In the interview, Sarr replied that he needed to come back to Norway voluntarily and perform the case.
– I need to come by myself, not be arrested by the police and brought to Norway. I need to journey from my very own nation to Norway and finish this, Sarr instructed the newspaper on the time.
According to Nordheim, nonetheless, there was no contact with Sarr following the interview.
– There can also be no new details about the place he could also be on this planet. But this request might be prolonged indefinitely, since it’s a case of rape that won’t turn out to be out of date, says the state legal professional to Dagbladet.
Do not contact the lawyer
The attraction case in opposition to Sarr has been tried a number of instances, however was postponed for the third time in October 2019. After Molde terminated the contract with Sarr in January of the identical yr, he has been in Russia and Saudi Arabia. In January 2020, he was fired from the membership Damac in Saudi Arabia.
Dagbladet has been in touch together with his defender, lawyer Mette Yvonne Larsen. Nor does she have any details about Sarr’s whereabouts.
– I’ve no touch upon the extension of the search warrant. What I can say is that I’ve not had contact with my consumer lately, says Larsen.
Lawyer John Christian Elden is aiding the girl within the case in Molde. He is glad with the brand new request.
– That sounds affordable. You can not escape prosecution in 2022, writes Elden in an SMS to Dagbladet.